Do you have a complaint about other municipalities or government authorities?

Of the 15 municipalities in the Rotterdam region, 8 have an ombuds committee or are affiliated with the National Ombudsman. The same applies to many public sector and semi-public sector organisations that operate nationally, such as the police, public transport companies, the Employee Insurance Agency (UWV), water authorities and so on. See other authorities.

Companies and organisations often have a complaints procedure in place. This applies to energy suppliers, housing associations, companies, shops and health insurers, for example. The ombudsman does not have the authority to act on your behalf in this context. In such cases, you must act according to the complaints procedure of the organisation concerned.

You can of course make use of the tips for submitting effective complaints in this regard.