Submitting a complaint

The ombudsman will only handle your complaint after the authority or organisation about which you are complaining has been given the opportunity to resolve your complaint. You must therefore first submit a complaint to the authority that is the cause of the complaint.

Most municipalities and municipal partnerships have a special complaint and suggestions form. Ask the authority concerned about this form or visit the website of the affiliated organisation.

You can contact the ombudsman if the authority or organisation concerned does not confirm receipt of your complaint on time or does not handle your complaint within four weeks (six weeks in some municipalities), or if you are dissatisfied with the settlement of your complaint.

You can do so verbally, in writing or by means of the online complaint form.

For more information about submitting a complaint, please consult the menu on the right side of this page.